Goal Leader: Kent White, AFIMSC Plans and Programs Division Chief
Goal Description: Using several key processes, this goal develops actionable steps to transform the “installation of today” to the “future blueprint” through effective resourcing in a constrained environment. This holistic approach empowers an installation’s ability to achieve mission success using existing capabilities, through innovation and resource-informed advocacy.
LOE 1 Goal 4 Objectives:
What can you tell us about your objectives?
To increase lethality and readiness as defined by resilient and ready installations, revolutionize basing lethality will focus on three areas:
Why is Revolutionizing Base Lethality important to AFIMSC?
AFIMSC leads the charge for base lethality as we provide the civil engineering expertise, skill and innovation in airfield damage repair to quickly assess, repair and return the runway and base to operational status. AFIMSC also provides security forces and the equipment needed to protect aircraft and facilities for the fight and deterrence. In addition, AFIMSC provides the services to feed and care for our Airmen, which remains a critical piece of providing basing lethality the world over.
How does your goal support AFMC, Air Force and National Defense Priorities?
Building a more lethal force is one of three lines of effort central to the National Defense Strategy laid out in 2018. By providing basing lethality, each installation becomes a weapon system poised to meet today’s challenges, while maintaining the deterrence required to protect our national resources.
How are you measuring success?
Each objective is measured by a timeline to formulate, operationalize and field respective initiatives. This could take months and years to accomplish as each initiative is unique and supports the fight. Establishing a baseline for IM&S shortfall priorities will guide and reveal opportunities for improvement in advocacy of resources.
(Current as of Feb. 25, 2021)
LOE 1: Increase Lethality & Readiness
1. Optimize Infrastructure
2. Increase Installation Resiliency
3. Improve Strategic Basing
4. Revolutionize Base Lethality
5. Prioritize Airmen Readiness
LOE 2: Strengthen Airmen & Families
1. Improve Quality, Utilization and Mgt of Unaccompanied Housing
2. Improve Housing for Airmen & Families
3. Optimize Community Cohesion to Build Resilient Airmen & Families
4. Enterprise-wide Customer Service Strategy
5. Office of the Future
LOE 3: Pursue Organizational Excellence
1. Drive Enterprise Behavior Using Data Analytics
2. Increase Innovation Opportunities
3. Improve Strategic Communication
4. Develop I&MS Experts & Leaders
5. Ensure Connectedness Across AFIMSC
6. Increase Organizational Maturity
7. Advance IT & Collaboration