GOAL LEADER: Col. Andrew Pate, Chief, Expeditionary Support Division, AFIMSC Expeditionary Support and Innovation Directorate
GOAL DESCRIPTION: A top AFIMSC priority is Airmen and Guardian readiness, which relies on dynamic programs and funding to produce highly trained and mission-ready Airmen and Guardians. This goal will prioritize training funding to reduce gaps and prevent bases from making high-risk choices that leave the Air Force vulnerable.
G5.A — Increase overall AFIMSC Mission Readiness Training execution rate to >90% NLT CY22
DRIVING THE MISSION
Prioritizing Airmen readiness is at the heart of the AFIMSC mission. Trained and ready Airmen are a force multiplier to the Air Force major commands and are the basic building block for their success.
2021 PROGRESS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
We started 2021 with five objectives and ended the year with all but one objective closed. The team completed planned work ahead of scheduled milestones and is postured to complete the final objective during 2022.
The team was able to elevate training statuses for Airmen attending Silver Flag to the Headquarters Air Force level, providing decision level information to key decision makers and charting the path for future expeditionary training.
The objective allowed for a robust conversation on how and when I&MS Airmen complete expeditionary training requirements. As a limited resource, maximizing training quotas best postures deployable Airmen to meet the National Defense Strategy by being fully trained and prepared for deployment operations.
GOALS FOR 2022
We will close out our final objective in 2022, completing the focused effort of the past 18 months and transitioning daily management of the tasks back to project owners.
IN THE NEWS
(Current as of Dec. 6, 2021)
LOE 1: Increase Lethality & Readiness
1. Optimize Infrastructure
2. Increase Installation Resiliency
3. Improve Strategic Basing
4. Revolutionize Base Lethality
5. Prioritize Airmen and Guardian Readiness
6: Create Data Driven Execution Plan Process
7: Integrate Air Base Command and Control
LOE 2: Strengthen Airmen, Guardians & Families
1. Improve Quality, Utilization and Management of Unaccompanied Housing
2. Improve Housing for Airmen, Guardians & Families
3. Optimize Community Cohesion to Build Resilient Airmen, Guardians & Families
4. Enterprise-wide Customer Service Strategy
5. Implement Office of the Future
LOE 3: Pursue Organizational Excellence
1. Drive Enterprise Behavior Using Data Analytics
2. Increase Innovation Opportunities
3. Improve Strategic Communication
4. Develop I&MS Experts & Leaders
5. Ensure Connectedness Across AFIMSC
6. Increase Organizational Maturity
7. Advance IT & Collaboration
8. Building an Inclusive and Equitable Culture/Environment