Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
GOAL DESCRIPTION: To effectively support installation command and control across the spectrum of preparedness, the basing and logistics enterprise must optimize decision-making by integrating legacy plus emerging IT systems and processes used for installation support and emergency management.
G7.A — Establish data standards and requirements for various installation C2 functions and determine 95% of common data needs, no later than June 2022
G7.B — Provide an information framework that supports authoritative data from separate information systems and sensors to integrate installation C2 in a single interface at multiple echelons, no later than March 2023
G7.C — Establish sustained emergency level capability for full range of C2 levers: voice, land mobile radio, mass notification and IT connectivity, no later than FY 2025
G7.D — Establish governance forum to ensure data needs and future information systems support and improve Installation C2, no later than April 2022
ADDRESSING THE NEED
Integrate Air Base Command and Control is a primary objective under the Air Force A4 (logistics, engineering and force protection) strategy. Having it as a stand-alone goal within the AFIMSC strategy gives it the proper visibility and support it requires at the center.
DRIVING THE MISSION
This goal supports the focus of ensuring success for installation commanders in time of need. An enduring weakness identified by studies and audits is standardized and responsive command and control during emergency and crisis incidents. By providing a standard emergency management C2 platform, installation commanders will be able to consistently ensure effective response and recovery during crisis events.
As we move forward toward accomplishing our objectives and milestones, installation commanders, emergency responders and supporting staffs will all benefit from our work. By providing the field a standard emergency management C2 platform, all stakeholders – especially installation commanders – will experience improved emergency management and more effective crisis recovery.
GOALS FOR 2022
In 2022, we will work with the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center to establish an interim program management office to support development and fielding of a standardized C2 platform. Additionally, our team will develop a capability needs statement and a capability development document for integrated installation C2.
(Current as of Jan. 14, 2022)
LOE 1: Increase Lethality & Readiness
1. Optimize Infrastructure
2. Increase Installation Resiliency
3. Improve Strategic Basing
4. Revolutionize Base Lethality
5. Prioritize Airmen and Guardian Readiness
6: Create Data Driven Execution Plan Process
7: Integrate Air Base Command and Control
LOE 2: Strengthen Airmen, Guardians & Families
1. Improve Quality, Utilization and Management of Unaccompanied Housing
2. Improve Housing for Airmen, Guardians & Families
3. Optimize Community Cohesion to Build Resilient Airmen, Guardians & Families
4. Enterprise-wide Customer Service Strategy
5. Implement Office of the Future
LOE 3: Pursue Organizational Excellence
1. Drive Enterprise Behavior Using Data Analytics
2. Increase Innovation Opportunities
3. Improve Strategic Communication
4. Develop I&MS Experts & Leaders
5. Ensure Connectedness Across AFIMSC
6. Increase Organizational Maturity
7. Advance IT & Collaboration
8. Building an Inclusive and Equitable Culture/Environment