Colonel Donna L. Turner is Commander, Air Force Services Center, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. AFSVC’s mission is to deliver services programs and activities to build and sustain ready and resilient Airmen and families. AFSVC supports field commanders and base-level force support activity managers in providing quality food service, fitness, lodging, recreation, and child and youth programs for military personnel, civilians, and their families. She leads a $2 billion organization generating $300 million in revenue annually while steering eight directorates and over 750 personnel. She focuses the enterprise on rebalancing programs resulting in greater synchronization with Air Force Strategic goals. In addition, AFSVC provides Air Force human resources oversight for over 28,000 nonappropriated fund civilian personnel at more than 100 locations worldwide, as well as central contracting support and management of the NAF capital improvement construction program and worldwide financial and banking systems.
Colonel Turner received her commission from the United States Air Force Academy in 1993. She has held several command and staff positions throughout her career. As a staff officer, she served at the major command, Headquarters Air Force, Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Office of the Secretary of Defense levels. Her command tours include squadron section, military personnel flight, mission support squadron and air base group.
Prior to her current assignment, Colonel Turner was the commander, 61st Air Base Group at Los Angeles Air Force Base, California. She led five squadrons and six staff agencies, totaling over 850 personnel with $1.3 billion in physical plant assets and managed the annual execution of a $60 million budget.
1993 Bachelor of Science, Management, USAF Academy, Colo.
1998 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1998 Master of Business Administration, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colo.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2005 Master of Science, Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2013 Master of Science, National Security Strategy, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. September 1993 – January 1994, Executive Officer, 384th Logistics Group, McConnell AFB, Kansas
2. January 1994 – June 1995, Executive Officer, 22nd Logistics Group, McConnell AFB, Kansas
3. June 1995 – April 1996, Chief, Wing Protocol, 22nd Air Refueling Wing, McConnell AFB, Kansas
4. April 1996 – January 1998, Chief, Wing Executive Support, 366th Wing, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
5. January 1998 – December 1998, Wing Executive Officer, 366th Wing, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
6. December 1998 – April 2000, Section Commander, 52d Civil Engineer Squadron, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
7. April 2000 – August 2001, Military Personnel Flight Commander, 52d Mission Support Squadron, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
8. August 2001 – July 2002, Deputy Chief of Command Protocol, Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
10. July 2002 – June 2004, Deputy Chief, Senior Officer Assignments Division, Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
11. July 2004 – June 2005, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. June 2005 – September 2006, Commander, 347th Mission Support Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
13. October 2006 – June 2007, Commander, 23rd Mission Support Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
14. June 2007 – December 2007, Chief, General Officer Support Division, Air Force General Officer Management, Washington, D.C.
15. December 2007 – March 2010, Chief, Colonel Management and Policy Division, Air Force Colonel Management, Washington, D.C.
16. March 2010 – July 2012, Military Assistant to the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Washington, D.C.
17. July 2012 – June 2013, Student, National War College, National Defense University, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
18. June 2013 – April 2014, Chief, Strategy and Planning, Office of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Directorate for Joint Force Development (JCS/J7), Washington, D.C.
19. April 2014 – 30 June 2016, Commander, 61st Air Base Group, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
20. July 2016 – Present, Commander, Air Force Services Center, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with 6 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with two oak leaf clusters
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with device
National Defense Service Medal with device
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1993
First Lieutenant June 1995
Captain June 1997
Major September 2003
Lieutenant Colonel June 2008
Colonel September 2014
(Current as of July 2016)