Chief Master Sergeant James B. Ting is Chief Enlisted Manager, Headquarters Air Force Installation Contracting Center, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio. He is the principle advisor to the AFICC commander on all enlisted personnel matters. He provides operational guidance to over 700 military and civilian professionals with a total contract portfolio of $33 billion. He also develops and implements guidance on enlisted policy affecting operational contracting enlisted members across eight major commands and their 77 units. Chief Ting also provides input to the Chief, Enlisted Policy, SAF/AQC, and Air Staff senior contracting leadership on issues impacting the Air Force enlisted contracting workforce.
Chief Ting was born in Manila, Philippines, and entered the Air Force in 1994. He graduated from the Contracting Apprentice Course at Lackland Air Force Base Texas, in May 1994. His background includes various duties in contracting to include being a Squadron Superintendent, MAJCOM Inspector General Contracting Inspector and a Contingency Functional Area Manager. His assignments include bases in Illinois, California, South Carolina and Hawaii. He has deployed in support of Operations Enduring and Iraqi Freedom. He also provided contracting support for the inauguration of the president of the United States in 2009.
1992 Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, De La Salle University
1999 Airman Leadership School, Scott AFB, Ill.
2006 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Robins AFB, Ga.
2008 Associate Degree in Contract Management, Community College of the Air Force
2010 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. March 1994 - April 1994, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. April 1994 - May 1994, Student, Contracting Basic Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. June 1994 - October 2000, Contract Specialist, 375th Contracting Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
4. October 2000 - October 2001, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Operations Support Team, 9th Contracting Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
5. October 2001 - February 2005, Unit Training Manager, 60th Contracting Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
6. February 2005 - March 2010, Superintendent, 628th Contracting Squadron, Joint Base Charleston AFB, S.C.
7. March 2010 - September 2012, Contracting Inspector, Air Mobility Command Inspector General Contracting Inspections Manager, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. September 2012 – May 2015, AMC Contracting Contingency Functional Area Manager, Air Force Installation Contracting Agency (OL-AMC), Scott AFB, Ill.
9. May 2015 – August 2017, Pacific Air Forces Contracting Chief Enlisted Manager, Air Force Installation Contracting Agency (OL-AMC), Joint Base Pearl Harbor/Hickam, Hawaii
10. Aug 2017 – Present, Chief Enlisted Manager, Headquarters Air Force Installation Contracting Center, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
1999 John L. Levitow Award, Airman Leadership School
2006 John L. Levitow Award, NCO Academy
2008 Air Mobility Command Contracting SNCO of the Year
2009 Air Mobility Command Contracting Superintendent of the Year
2013 Air Mobility Command Contracting SNCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant April 2015
Current as of August 2017