Colonel Bradley L. Johnson is the Vice Commander, Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. In this position, he assists the commander in leading a 2,200-person primary subordinate unit, responsible for providing responsive, flexible full-spectrum installation engineering services. AFCEC missions include facility investment planning, design and construction, operations support, real property management, energy support, environmental compliance and restoration, and readiness and emergency management. The unit conducts its operations at more than 75 locations worldwide.
Colonel Johnson was commissioned through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps in June 1997 upon graduation from Princeton University with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering. He immediately entered into an educational delay to complete a Master of Engineering at Cornell University and entered active duty in June 1998. He has served in a range of base-level civil engineer, Rapid Engineer Deployable Heavy Operational Repair Squadron Engineer, major command, Air Staff and command assignments. Additionally, he has deployed four times in support of Operations ENDURING FREEDOM and IRAQI FREEDOM. Colonel Johnson is a graduate of the United States Army War College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, and previously commanded the 52nd Civil Engineer Squadron, Spangdahlem AB, Germany, and the 11th Mission Support Group, Joint Base Andrews, Maryland.
1997 Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Princeton University, N.J.
1998 Masters of Engineering in Structural Engineering, Cornell University, N.Y.
2003 Squadron Officer School, Distinguished Graduate and Outstanding Contributor
2007 Air Command and Staff College, correspondence
2007 Intermediate Developmental Education Residence Credit, Air Force Intern Program
2012 Air War College, correspondence
2015 Masters of Strategic Studies, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Penn.
1. June 1998 – August 2001, Deputy Operations Flight Commander, Contract Programmer and Deputy Housing Director, 12th Civil Engineer Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
2. August 2001 – August 2004, Project Engineer and Chief of Design, 823rd REDHORSE Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
3. August 2004 – July 2005, Air Force Intern, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
4. August 2005 – July 2008, Joint Basing and Base Realignment and Closure Staff Officer, Facility Program Manager, and Senior Executive Officer to the Director, Directorate of Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
5. July 2008 – August 2010, Programs Flight and Operations Flight Commander, 51st Civil
Engineer Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
6. August 2010 – July 2012, Asset Management Program Manager, Office of the Civil
Engineer, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
7. July 2012 – July 2014, Commander, 52nd Civil Engineer Squadron, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
8. July 2014 – June 2015, Student, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Penn.
9. June 2015 – July 2017, Deputy Branch Chief, Installation Engineering, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
10. July 2017 – July 2019, Commander, 11th Mission Support Group, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
11. July 2019 – present, Vice Commander, Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTIONS
Second Lieutenant June 2, 1997
First Lieutenant December 16, 1999
Captain December 16, 2001
Major June 1, 2007
Lieutenant Colonel December 1, 2011
Colonel May 1, 2017
(Current as of July 2020)