Chief Master Sergeant Edwin V. Ludwigsen serves as Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. As the senior enlisted adviser to the commander, he oversees the health, welfare and professional development of the workforce and guides the refinement of processes at the center, the single intermediate-level headquarters providing installation and mission support capabilities to 77 Air Force installations, nine major commands and two direct reporting units.
As one of six centers assigned to Air Force Materiel Command, the unit’s cross-functional team integrates Airmen and family services, base communications, chaplain, civil engineering, financial management, logistics readiness, operational acquisition, public affairs and security forces capabilities across 10 detachments and four primary subordinate units. Those units are the Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Air Force Installation Contracting Center, Air Force Security Forces Center and Air Force Services Center.
Chief Ludwigsen grew up in Spring Lake, N.C., and entered the Air Force in February 1995. His professional background includes various leadership positions within the logistics and fuels management communities; including the Air Staff, Air Force Petroleum Agency, MAJCOM Functional Manager and Logistics Readiness Group Superintendent. Chief Ludwigsen’s service includes assignments in California, Oklahoma, Washington D.C. and Hawaii with overseas assignments in Panama, Germany and Italy. He also deployed in support of Operations Southern Watch, Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom and Combined Joint Task Force Horn of Africa.
Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 31st Fighter Wing at Aviano Air Base, Italy.
1999 Airman Leadership School, Altus AFB, Oklahoma
2004 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
2005 Associate of Logistics Management, Community College of the Air Force
2008 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, National Defense University
2008 Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management, Strayer University, Wash., D.C.
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2014 Masters of Science with concentration in leadership, Strayer University, Wash., D.C.
2015 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Randolph AFB, Texas
2015 AFSO 21 Executive Leaders Course, University of Tennessee
2016 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II Course, National Defense University
2017 KEYSTONE Joint Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, National Defense University
2018 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Judge Advocate General School, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2019 Leading Strategically, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Coloado
1. February – March 1995, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. March 1995 – June 1995, Trainee, Fuels Apprentice Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. June 1995 – August 1996, Fuels Apprentice, 95th Supply Squadron, Edwards AFB, California
4. August 1996 – June 1999, Cryogenic Production Plant Operator, 24th Supply Squadron, Howard AFB, Panama
5. June 1999 – August 2005, Fuels Supervisor, 97th Logisitics Readiness Squadron, Altus AFB, Oklahoma
6. August 2005 – October 2007, Superintendent, Air Force Fuels Policy, Air Force Petroleum Agency, Fort Belvoir, Virgina
7. October 2007 – April 2010, Superintendent, Fuels Resource Automation and Energy Conservation, Headquarters United States Air Force, Pentagon
8. April 2010 – June 2012, Superintendent, Fuels Operations, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
9. June 2012 – August 2013, Fuels Functional Manager, Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
10. August 2013 – October 2014, Fuels Manager, 86th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
11. October 2014 – May 2016, Superintendent, 86th Logistic Readiness Group, Ramstein AB, Germany
12. May 2016 – November 2017, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 52nd Fighter Wing, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
13. November 2017 – July 2019, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 31st Fighter Wing, Aviano AB, Italy
14. July 2019 – present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
AF Organizational Excellence Award
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
1997 Senior Airman Below the Zone
1999 John Levitow Award, Airman Leadership School
2004 97th Mission Support Group NCO of the Year
2006 Air Force Petroleum Agency Staff Enlisted Manager of the Year
2008 Headquarters Air Force Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection Senior NCO of the Year
2009 Distinguished Graduate Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant December 2012
(Current as of July 2019)