Robert E. Moriarty, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Director, Installations Directorate, Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. The Installations Directorate manages the strategic acquisition, management and disposal of Air Force real property. It also serves the program execution office for the Air Force housing privatization, government owned housing, dormitories, and utilities privatization programs. Executes the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations’ land and facilities policies through real estate transactions, long-term property management and environmental remediation and property disposal for bases closed or realigned under the Base Closure and Realignment Acts of 1988, 1990 and 2005. The agency also assists communities in the conversion of closing and realigned bases from military to civilian use, and ensures property at these Air Force installations is made available for reuse. The directorate is headquartered in San Antonio, with a regional operating location in Sacramento, Calif.
Mr. Moriarty began his career with the Air Force in 1983 after receiving his commission through the Air Force ROTC program. He served in a variety of Air Force civil engineer positions at the squadron and headquarters level before retiring from the Air Force in August 2011. Prior to his current position, he worked as a lead associate for Booz Allen Hamilton, providing strategic consulting services.
1983 Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering, University of Lowell, Mass.
1985 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1993 Master’s degree in management, Webster University, Mo.
1997 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Master’s degree in strategic studies, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. November 1983 - November 1987, Contract Programmer, Civil Engineer, Chief of Readiness, Chief of Requirements, 347th Civil Engineering Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
2. November 1987 - January 1990, Foreign Military Sales Program Manager, 2750th Air Base Wing, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
3. January 1990 - January 1992, Construction Program Manager, Engineering and Construction Division, Logistics Support Group, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4. January 1992 - March 1994, Deputy Chief, Environmental Compliance Division, Executive Officer to the Director, Air Force Center for Environmental Excellence, Brooks AFB, Texas
5. March 1994 - July 1996, Commander, Operations Flight, 27th Civil Engineer Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
6. July 1996 - June 1997, student, Air Command and Staff, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. June 1997 - February 1999, Real Property Maintenance Activities Program Manager, Office of the Civil Engineer, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
8. February 1999 - June 2000, Executive Assistant, Air Force Executive Review Secretariat, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
9. June 2000 - May 2002, Commander, 75th Civil Engineer Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
10. May 2002 - July 2004, Commander, 314th Civil Engineer Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
11. July 2004 - June 2005, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. June 2005 - July 2007, Commander, 6th Mission Support Group, MacDill AFB, Fla.
13. July 2007 - August 2011, Deputy Director, Installations and Mission Support and USAFE Civil Engineer, Headquarters, U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
14. August 2011 - April 2014, Lead Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton, San Antonio
15. May 2014 - present, Director, Installations Directorate, Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
AWARDS AND HONORS
Meritorious Civilian Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Fellow, Society of American Military Engineers, 2010
Air Force Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award, Senior Officer, 2003
AETC Senior Civil Engineer Military Manager of the Year, 2003
Air Force Outstanding Senior Civil Engineer Military Manager of the Year, 2001
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Member, Society of American Military Engineers
Professional Engineer registered in Virginia
(Current as of May 2018)