Chief Master Sgt. Donald Mark Cleveland is the Chief Enlisted Manager, Air Force Services Center, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas. AFSVA’s mission is to support field commanders and base-level force support activity managers in providing quality food service, fitness, lodging, recreation, child and youth programs for military personnel, civilians, and their families. In addition, the center provides human resources oversight for more than 28,000 nonappropriated fund civilian personnel Air Force-wide, as well as central contracting support and management of the nonappropriated fund capital improvement construction program and worldwide financial and banking systems.
He assists in ensuring AFSVC supports the Air Force, AFMC, AFIMSC, Air Force services, force support leadership, major commands, field commanders and base-level force support units to help accomplish the Air Force mission and improve quality of services for Air Force personnel and their families. He advises the AFSVC commander on matters concerning the well-being of over 600 military and civilian personnel and ensures Airmen are combat trained, equipped and physically fit for expeditionary deployments, and contingencies. He also advises the commander on manpower, readiness, policies, evaluations and enlisted development.
Chief Cleveland is from Hurricane, West Virginia, and entered the Air Force in April 1995. Throughout his career, he has held various positions within the services career field to include lodging, readiness and plans, honor guard manager, Air Force Materiel Command Directorate of Services Readiness functional area manager, and port mortuary superintendent. His assignments include bases in Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ohio, Delaware, Republic of Korea, England and Texas. Chief Cleveland has also deployed in support of Operations Southern Watch, Allied Force, Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom and Inherent Resolve.
2000 Airman Leadership School, Tinker AFB, Okla.
2003 Associates in Fitness, Recreation and Service Management, Community College of the Air Force
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Associate of Applied Science Degree, Rose State University, Midwest City, Okla.
2008 Associate of Business Administration Degree, Grantham University, Lenexa, Kan.
2009 Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Grantham University, Lenexa, Kan.
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education
2012 Masters of Business Administration, Grantham University, Lenexa, Kan.
2017 Masters of Science in Human Relations, Grantham University, Lenexa, Kan.
1. April – July 1995, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. August 1995 – October 1997, Guest Reception Clerk, 55th Force Support Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
3. October 1997 – December 1998, Lodging Specialist, 51st Force Support Squadron, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
4. January 1999 – September 2007, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Readiness and Plans, and Honor Guard, 72nd Force Support Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
5. October 2007 – January 2010, Functional Area Manager, Headquarters Air Force Material Command Services Readiness Directorate, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. February 2010 – January 2013, Superintendent, Mortuary Affairs Division and Port Mortuary, Dover AFB, Del.
7. January 2013 – July 2015, Superintendent, Sustainment Flight, 48th Force Support Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, England
8. July 2015 – January 2017, Squadron Superintendent, 100th Force Support Squadron, RAF Mildenhall, England
9. January 2017 - March 2018, Superintendent and 3M0 MAJCOM Fuctional Manager, Air Force Services Activity, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
March 2018 – present, Chief Enlisted Manager, Air Force Services Center, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATION
Meritorious Service Medal with fourth oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with one service star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operation Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border and two oak leaf clusters
Humanitarian Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
1998 Senior Airman Below the Zone
2005 Stripes for Exceptional Performers Promotion to Technical Sergeant
2012 Headquarters Air Force Services Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Quarter
2012 Headquarters Air Force Services Force Support Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2012 Headquarters Air Force Services Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2013 48th Mission Support Group Lance P. Sijan Award Winner
2013 48th Force Support Squadron Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2014 U.S. Air Forces in Europe Force Support Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant August 2015
Current as of March 2018